The Goldshire #7 | The Undermine Journal Course & Buying WoW Tokens for Gold
The Undermine Journal Course
Last week Manthieus created a video explaining how the Median and Mean prices work. As a response to that Erorus, the maker of The Undermine Journal created four great videos on YouTube explaining how to work with The Undermine Journal and one for Booty Bay Gazette (The Classic Undermine Journal).
In these four video’s Erorus explains;
- What the ‘Market Price’ is and what it is based on.
- The realm price sources median, mean and, standard deviation
- The region stats like quantity, mean, median, sell to vendor, and listing fee
- Item page charts like the heat maps
I definitely recommend you to take a bit of time and just watch these videos because this can really help you improve in your gold making. By the way, you want to The Undermine Journal in dark mode, then scroll down the page and click on ‘Dark Theme‘.
Buying WoW Tokens for Gold
Last week I wanted to do a little experiment based on an idea Magicuz did and that was ‘How many WoW Tokens a year do you buy with real money to sell it for gold in World of Warcraft?’.
Now the majority of people that follow me on Twitter are mostly gold makers and hardly or even not at all buy a wow token for the gain of gold. Still, more than 25% of the votes do buy tokens to gain gold and 7,2% even buy more than 13 wow tokens a year.
Let’s do the math; 7,2% of 348 voters is 25 ( 25,056) * 13 tokens = (325,728) 326 wow tokens a year at least and we are just talking about 25 people buying more than 13 wow tokens based on 348 voters. Just think if Blizzard would do a poll to ask their users how many wow tokens they buy a year.
One thing that did make me flabbergasted was someone replying to this tweet.
Last tier I bought over $2k AUD in tokens, this tier so far is prolly close to $500 AUD. It will go over 2k by end of tier if no one stops me 😬😬😬— Callum_mac132 (@MacintoshCallum) March 28, 2021
He is defiantly not the only one that is doing this in World of Warcraft.
Well in bfa I spent 4mil on a mythic raid carry, I wanted the mount 🐙 😂. I then bought the LONG BOI 🦕. (I collect mounts). I spent more on pvp boosts for the transmog. In SL so far, I’ve spent it on pvp boosts for transmog. I’m now contemplating 2k for glad mount 😬— Callum_mac132 (@MacintoshCallum) March 29, 2021
In Other News…
- Because the Ve’nari vendor reputation is now account-wide you can now buy with all your characters of the same wow account the Recipe Crafters Mark II. This item will let you craft ilevel 168 gear but you will need to be on one character at least Coridal or higher with the Ve’nari.
- Our gold making friend The Lazy Goldmaker has started his full-time streaming/content creation on gold making in World of Warcraft. Here you can find all his links where you can follow him on.
- The bot episode on The Auction House podcast finally got released and I can tell you, that won’t be the only episode on it… Soon more info on that.
- It seems that we are running out of the Reins of a Tamed Bloodfeaster mount which means prices are going up and it has already started. See if you can still buy some below the region value and wait.
- Stormscale is behaving oddly the last week and what I mean by that is the price is heavily rising while the quantity drops real slow. Now I know there are almost no farmers out there doing this and that would make the price go up in a normal way but I can’t pinpoint what is happening. I do know to buy them if you can find them for a low region value but that is all I know at the moment.