This is originally a TCG pet (Trading Card Game) that could only be obtained from a TCG card or an online shop that sold these kinds of rare items.
Because every player in retail can now claim, the price plunder. The pet’s value went from a 200k+ to a minor 30k+ pet in just a day and yes this pet is tradable once you used it and then cage it.
To find out how the pet is doing on your realm, you can check it out on The Undermine Journal.
Game Time Prepaid Changes
One of the surprises this week was the changes of the wow token when buying them prepaid. There are three ways you can purchase game time in World of Warcraft retail;
- Get a monthly subscription that will do auto payments from a credit card or other pay system. You can choose between every 1 month, every 3 months or every 6 months and getting a discount with the 6 months.
- Buy game time by doing a manual payment called ‘prepaid. You can now only buy per 2 months of prepaid game time instead of 1 month, 3 months, or 6 months.
- Buy in-game a token for gold and turn that into 30 days of game time or Blizzard balance.
Here, this is the thing. There were gold makers like myself that bought prepaid game time for 6 months with the Blizzard balance gain from using the wow token bought with gold. The reason why you did not change it straight into game time was that buying prepaid game time with Blizzard balance for 6 months only cost you 5 months.
Is it a Good Change?
Well for gold makers it’s no a huge problem, a decent gold maker can make a token per week with minimum effort and time. It’s just a shame of the free month you got when buying for 6 months.
As for a non-gold maker that doesn’t have a credit card for any reason or doesn’t want to have a subscription, will now have to pay for 2 months of game time. There are gamers out there that don’t have the luxury to pay for 2 months of game time at a time. I think this will result in that some people are not playing the game for now or in the future.
However, this may also attract some new players that want to start making gold for the wow token because that can still be done per month. Who knows!
Will This Have an Impact on the Token Price?
Well, we don’t know yet. We did see a bit of panic when the news got released. For the long run I think the token price will drop as long there are no new game releases, expansions, or Blizzard shop changes. The reason why I think the price won’t go up because of the token price changes is that now a gold maker won’t be buying multiple tokens to get the 6 months of pre-paid game time. They now will buy a token and use it for the 30 days of game-time more often because there is no more benefit of getting multiple ones and change it into Blizzard balance to buy game time anymore.
Local Price Changes for Brazil and Russia Subscriptions and Services
A day after the change, Blizzard announced there will be local price changes for people in Brazil and Russia. The prices of subscriptions will go up and the prices of services will go down. These price changes will happen after the 26th of April and should be having an increasing effect for the EU and US token prices sooner or later.
In Other News…
Samadan has started his own website. The website is meant to summon up the content Samadan creates so you can find it all in one place. It seems he is also gonna start one-on-one coaching soon. The website is not finished yet but I would recommend starting bookmarking it. Also, his Twitch live stream can be watched here.
Manthieus Now on Twitch
- Ghost Iron Ore quantity went skyrocket and more than tripled its amount in less than a month on the EU. On the US it’s increasing as well in quantity only not that fast. We should be seeing price drops already or very soon. The Undermine Journal data.
- Spectral Flask of Power is increasing in quantity now that the majority of the raiding teams are finished raiding. Lesser buyers and that means more on the auction house. Price drop should follow up soon depending on how many still using the flasks for Mythic+ or Torghast. The Undermine Journal data.
- All the Jewelcrafting panther mounts from Mist of Pandaria are slowly increasing in price and dropping in quantity;
- Jade Panther | The Undermine Journal
- Ruby Panther | The Undermine Journal
- Sapphire Panther | The Undermine Journal
- Sunstone Panther | The Undermine Journal
- Jeweled Onyx Panther | The Undermine Journal
The Ghost Iron Ore quantity increase could lower the prices again, but for now, it seems the demand is increasing.