The Auction House Podcast | An Interview With a Botter in World of Warcraft
The Auction House Podcast Bonus Episode
In this special episode, we are gonna deep dive into a different kind of gold making and that is the way of botting. We are not here to promote botting or any other kind of cheating on gold making. We are here to explore botting in the World of Warcraft. How do they work? Are they getting banned often? What is Blizzard doing to prevent botting in World of Warcraft, how are these botting communities, and more questions.
A lot of these questions came from the wow economy Reddit and we are very thankful for that.
Out of safety and privacy, we won’t reveal the name and changed the voice to make the person unrecognizable in this episode.
Botting in World of Warcraft
List of Questions
- How long have you been botting?
- How did you start/get in contact?
- Is he botting on home computers or some virtual servers? I can only assume that it needs a huge processing power to have that many clients online, energy costs at home would also probably be super huge. – Lembaspl’s
- Do you feel blizzard does an adequate job at bot detection? – ChaoticNeutralFTW
- What is your goal with botting? (what is the reason behind it) – IT-resolves
- What is the botting community like? – IT-resolves
- How much of your botting process is self-made and how much is made by others? Do you write your own bots, or pay for them? – IT-resolves – DirtyIby
- Do you simultaneously play the game legitimately – TomleBadger
- What is your perspective on botting? – TomleBadger
- How many accounts did you bot with? – DirtyIrby
- How do you play the cat and mouse game of trying to stay ahead of Blizzard’s cheat detection?
- Which economic activities do your bots, and other bots in general, automate? Besides gathering, is crafting being automated? How about buying and selling on the AH? – DirtyIrby
- I’d like to hear a little about the differences between paid/private bots and the free/public ones and the types of people that use them. What do they do differently, and how much of an effect does it have on their earnings and ban rates?
- I’d also be interested to know how they pick realms. What factors do they take into consideration? – Fisherman_Gabe
- Did the input broadcasting ban have any effect on your botting operation? – ChaoticNeutralFTW & DirtyIrby
- Do you know the extent of the botting software/program? like running a fishing bot or something else – Idontupvotereposts
- Do you think botting should be allowed by Blizzard and why? – BigFudgere
- Are botting raw materials good for the wow economy when it’s about the cheaper crafts gold makers can make? – Cathbadh
- Are there techniques, bypasses, workarounds, or anything on botting topic – vodka
- What’s their view on the ethics of botting? – Samadan
- What’s being more botted at the moment retail or classic?
- Did you get caught? How often did it happen? How long were the bans?
- What kind of addons did you use while botting and posting on the auction house?
- Did you have a couple of returning buyers for in-game items/materials?
- Did you have a couple of returning buyers for selling gold? People/guilds/websites that you consistently sold gold to? How much money did you make?
- Level boosting with botting in dungeons? How does it work?
- Is it easy to get into the botting community?
- What would impact the botting community hardest in a policy change from blizzard?
- How would u solve the botting problem and do you think Blizzard is doing enough?
- Is WoW the most popular botted game? What other MMORPG’s are popular for botters
Your Gold Making Question or Suggestion
If you have a great question for us or a guest we are gone have on our show, don’t wait, fill in the form here below and maybe you’re question will be answered in our next podcast show.
Got a suggestion? Let us hear them!