Addons are one of the most valuable tools for making gold in World of Warcraft. The question is which ones? Here I will guide you in picking the best addons that fit your style of gold making.
Support addon makers by using Overwolf as your World of Warcraft addon manager. With its advanced search engine and filters, you will always know if it is an updated addon you can add to your library.
If you are a gold maker and you are not using this addon, then how do you know you are doing it right? TradeSkillMaster is an addon that helps you with buying and selling. It keeps track of you spending, expenses, sales, profit and stock. It will show you the value of items on your realm, region, how it was 60 days ago and sale rates. TradeSkillMaster will tell you when you need to craft and what you need to buy. It's your own accountant, broker, analyzer and stockmanager in one.
This addon, from The Undermine Journal, shows realm-specific pricing information in item tooltips for all US and EU realms. It should be updated twice each week, on Tuesday and Saturday mornings. See this page for more information.
This addon, from Oribos Exchange, shows realm-specific pricing information in item tooltips for all US and EU realms. You should update it multiple times each week.
It’s very similar to The Undermine Journal addon, so what’s the difference? Here’s a quick list:
- Uses the lowest posted price for each item; TUJ uses the cheapest 15% of the total quantity, which almost always results in higher prices.
- It only shows the median price over the past four days, plus the median of those prices from all realms in your region. TUJ shows mean prices over 3- and 14-day periods and mean regional prices. Medians are less affected by outlier prices.
- TUJ has different prices for different item levels for all equipable items. In contrast, OE only separates item levels for items introduced in Shadowlands (item levels for items from prior expansions are all lumped together).
- TUJ does not separate item name variations (“of the Fireflash”, “of the Quickblade”) at all. OE separates them for Shadowlands items (and again, lumps them together for prior expansions).
- TUJ does not separate battle pet prices by breed, but OE does.
- The Oribos Exchange addon is about a quarter of the size of TUJ, which means faster load times and less memory usage.
Auctioneer Suite provides you with the tools and data necessary to make those difficult auctioning decisions with ease. From purchasing to posting, the Auctioneer Suite provides time-tested tools to allow you more time to actually play your characters or play the market. As you will soon discover, it is much more than a simple "Auctioning AddOn", the Auctioneer Suite also shows in-depth information for all game items, such as those used in quests or recipes, enchanting, milling, prospecting, and more.
Auctionator is designed for casual everyday auction house users. Auctionator makes the auction house easier to use, by presenting auction house listings clearly and succinctly, and by eliminating the tedium involved in posting and managing auctions.
Are you a pet seller and are you looking for a quick and easy way to cage pets? BattlePetCageMatch can do this for you. You can set the caging based on price, TSM source, pet level, rarity, and quantity. The only thing you will have to do is hit the caging button and that's it.
Rematch & Rematch_TSMPetValues
For this addon able to work, you will need the addon Rematch. Rematch is a pet journal alternative for managing pets and teams.
- Save and load teams per target.
- Store unlimited teams in up to 32 user-defined tabs.
- Manage and automatically slot levelling pets with the Leveling Queue.
- Find counters with extended pet filters such as Strong Vs and Tough Vs.
- Search for abilities and text within abilities.
- Add notes to teams or pets as reminders or to find later with search.
- Send teams to other Rematch users or share with plain-text exported teams.
- Use integrated with the journal or in a minimisable standalone window.
- And much, much more!
Rematch_TSMPetValues adds TSM market values to the Rematch pet list, so you don’t have to cage a pet to see its auction house item value. You can browse through your whole pet collection and can choose which precious pet is due to sell.
WorthIt is an Addon that determines the value of a gold farm before you start it. With it's simple to use UI you can choose from either. Skinning, Herbalism, and Mining. Once pressed it will go through averages of each farm and create a list within you're chat window providing you with estimates based upon the value of your servers market so you will be able to see roughly what you will make per hour on that specific gold farm.
GatherMate2 is the addon when it comes to farming. It will track any ore, herb, or another item you farmed and will show it on the map and mini-map. You can set filters for what you do or don't want to see on the map and mini-map. Easy to use and to make changes to if needed.
Now you could fill up the tracking data all by yourself, or you can download this addon called GatherMate2 Data. With this addon, you can fill up all farming nodes (except current content nodes), and It’s straightforward to set up as well. But take a look below as well.
GoldGoblinLoot allows loot challenges with battle.net friends.
Price sources are used to determine the item value. For challenges, only the host needs the price source addon installed.
- Fully configurable loot filter sets
- Loot filter for Itemtypes, Zones, Instances, and Source
- Different price source for every item quality
Action bar to display and track farming objectives. FarmIt inspired a farming Bar with the goal of improvement and maintenance. Be sure to explore the new interface and settings to familiarise yourself with any changes and new features.
- Create an unlimited number of bars, which you can drag items onto to track your inventory.
- Set farming objectives that You can track through personalised alerts.
- Create complex objectives allowing you to track multiple items as mixed items objectives or shopping lists.
Adjust your bar settings with an easy-to-use interface. That means you don’t have to use the chat commands unless you want to.
- Ackis Recipe List shows missing recipes, patterns, plans, and formulas. Ackis Recipe List does need profession-specific Ackis addons. The TradeSkillMaster button covers the Ackis button in the profession window. You will have to move the Ackis button in the settings.
- AdiBags, ArkInventory, and Bagnon are bag addons.
- Bartender4 rearranges your UI.
- BuyEmAll is a vendor buy addon when you want to buy in stacks.
- Dejunk is an auto-sell addon. You can set up a list of things you want to auto sell, delete items, and you can make different profiles.
- HandyNotes is a helpful add-on for finding items, secrets and chests on the map. HandyNotes itself is an essential add-on that will need additional HandyNotes add-ons, depending on your use.
- Hekili is a rotation addon for DPS and tanks. It will show the most effective rotations based on SimCraft.
- LargerMacroIconSelection is an addon for searching icons for macros.
- Ny’s To-Do List will help you keep track of all of your World of Warcraft tasks.
- SmexyMats is an addon that will show you in the tooltip where a material or item is from and show what kind of craft or currency You can use.
- Titan Panel shows a bar at the top of your UI (or under if you want) that will show your total gold, bag space, location + coordinates, and other addon buttons. Very customize-able. You can download additional Titan Panel addons like Currencies that can display all the types of currencies on the bar or TokenChecker that show the current token price for your region.
- WIM or WoW Instant Messenger is a communication addon that will pop up windows for each different person that whispers to you.